Thursday, May 17, 2007

I found this article that gives some Ideas about increasing your vertical jump.

Just a few summers ago, I had the most pathetic vertical jump around. I couldn’t even come close to touching the rim, I was slow, and I was always the white boy on the basketball court. I decided to do something about it. I invested in a vertical jump program and, over the course of 12 weeks, proceeded to spend a lot of time doing the exercises and workouts.
Much to my surprise, after just a few weeks, I touched the rim for the first time! I couldn’t believe it! I still remember that feeling-that rush of exhilaration the first time I did it. It was right before basketball practice, and needless to say I was pretty pumped up.
Over the course of the next 12 weeks, I proceeded to gain 11 inches on my vertical jump. I was grabbing the rim easily, and in fact by the end I could almost dunk a basketball! My foot speed just went through the roof, and to make a long story short, I was a totally different basketball player.
There are many great exercises you can do to jump higher, but one of the most important aspects has nothing to do with jumping exercises at all. It has to do with your eating habits. Eat as many raw fruits and vegetables as possible, and try to eat as little meat or diary products as you can. You will notice a huge increase in your energy level, and you will probably gain a few inches on your vertical jump just from changing this alone. Also, make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
When investing in a vertical jump program don’t simply do the exercises, but get out and play and practice jumping aggressively as well. Just doing the exercises will net you a few inches here or there, but to really see an increase you will need to play often and practice jumping a lot. Work hard and you may even double your vertical jump like I did!
Josh Neumann is an expert on increasing athlete's vertical jumps

No comments: